Image Map

2.05.2012

Super Bowl Sunday

I always think the Super Bowl commercials are the best part of the big day.  This is my favorite new commercial today....LOVE IT!


I can not stop laughing! (Skye and Sunny start barking uncontrollably when they hear this!)

Well, the day has arrived that many wait for all season long.  Mike is at his brother's house today getting ready for the kick-off.  For him the Super Bowl boils down to these three things:

*Wings
*Ribs
*Pizza

The first two I had to smell cooking in the oven for hours this afternoon.  Mike is known for his great wings, but I did get to try some of the ribs before he left...soooo good!  He used Dinosaur BBQ sauce and said he added some "secret ingredients" to the sauce. Whatever he put in there tasted great!

Now, Super Bowl Sunday means something different to me:

*peace and quiet (perfect for reading my new book)
*sewing more of Olivia's quilt
*Dr. Quinn marathon on GMC

I have never really liked to watch football.  I always watch the half-time show, but that is usually it.  I am curious to see what Madonna will do tonight.  I enjoy watching the movie marathons on the Hallmark Channel or Lifetime Channel.  However, this year I really lucked out!  GMC has been running a Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman marathon all day. 

Mike does not like to watch the same episodes over and over again.  I still enjoy watching them, even though I know everything that is going to happen.  And he is starting to get sick of me reminding him that the story takes place in Colorado Springs. 

Me: "Look! There's Pikes Peak!  I've been there in Colorado Springs!  Isn't it cool the story takes place in Colorado Springs and Billy lives there?!" 

Him: "No, really?  That guy just saved the day again with his tomahawk." yawn...



 Oh, by the way, I finished six more blocks for Olivia's quilt today.









That's all for now.  I'll have to keep checking the game to make sure I don't miss the half-time show!   Hope you like the new blocks...it's neat how no two blocks will look the same in this quilt.  XO
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...