Image Map

1.30.2012

Twirl

My new fabric finally arrived in the mail this weekend!  I ordered "Twirl" by Me and My Sister.  I thought this would be the perfect fabric for Olivia's birthday quilt.  It has butterflies to match her room and it also has her favorite color, purple.




The back of the quilt is going to have white flowers with a purple background.  The white with pink dots is for the binding.

Here's another look at all the different patterns in this fabric line...cute!

I cut some of the backing to make 10" squares to include on the front of the quilt.

Next, I had to match up two different pieces and pin them together.  I have 42 blocks in all.

Here are all of my pinned pairs ready to be cut.

I had to cut them into three separate sections...3", 2" and 5" pieces.  Then I had to trade the 2" strips in the middle.  So they turned out like this:


Here are the blocks I have finished.





So far, Mike and I have decided that we like this square the best...purple with the pink wavy lines in the middle.

Although...this one's awful cute too!  I can't wait to see it all put together!


I'll post more blocks as I finish them.  I hope you like the fabric!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...