Image Map

8.25.2012

Doll Quilts

Using some left over fabric from other quilts, I made Abby and Olivia each a doll quilt.  I got the idea from a great book by Cathy Gaubert that I picked up at the book store:


I decided to create quilts using the quick and easy nine patch design.  I had lots of strips of fabric to do the blocks and some borders.  The first quilt is for Olivia:


I tried the meandering stippling style for the very first time on this quilt.  It was not easy to just "wing it" and move around with no lines to follow.  Although, the more I worked at it the better it looked.  I did a lot of practice on extra fabric sandwiches before trying this one.  Thank goodness after it was washed and dried, you couldn't see my quilting very well because of all that crinkly fabric!!

Here is the backside of her quilt.  I used the extra fabric from Olivia's birthday quilt so that they would match.


The next quilt is for Abby. 



Once again, I tried another style of quilting here.  I sewed straight lines very close to each other across the entire quilt.  This took much longer to complete than the meandering stich.  I think it turned out great! Here are some closer looks of the quilting before I washed and dried it.


 
Here they are straight from a warm dryer with all that crinkly goodness!

I love you Olivia! XOXOXO

Happy Birthday Abby! XOXOXO
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...